- Cebu City, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Full time
The Safety Supervisor acts as the Safety Officer. The positions is responsible for the planning and development and implementation of health and safety programs, processes and procedures in the workplace. The position supervises the correct
implementation of government health and safety regulations and standards and the implementation of the Health and Safety Program of the Aboitiz Power Generation Group. The position directs compliance to mandated safety procedures and the
correction/removal of hazards and risks in the workplace.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develops, implements and monitors the Health and Safety Program.
- Develops and updates the Safety Manual and Procedures.
- Drafts and recommends to the PHESSCOM safety and operational procedures in keeping with loss- reduction goals of the company.
Plans for the health and safety requirements of the workplace including: training; acquisition of personal protective equipment, other safety equipment and signages; and the implementation of corrective structural and facilities improvements.
- Serves as the Safety Officer of the company in compliance with the mandated health and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with mandated health, and safety rules and regulations.
- Represents the company with safety regulatory agencies.
- Accompanies government inspectors during inspections of the workplace.
- Supervises the conduct of regular and thorough safety audits of the workplace, inclusive of the inspection of structures, facilities and fittings; machinery and equipment and review of work practices and work processes , to ensure strict adherence to safety regulations and standards.
- Monitors results of health and safety inspections; ensures the documentation and investigation of findings and the implementation of corrective measures.
- Validates hazards and safety risks to people and properties identified. Compels or recommends the cessation of work to address potential urgent or imminent hazards.
- Validates recommendations for corrective measures to address health and safety issues. Ensures the implementation of the corrective measures.
- Coordinates with the maintenance and technical support group on the implementation of corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
Monitors violations of safety rules and procedures amongst employees and contractors. Recommends appropriate disciplinary action.
Ensures that safety permits, credentials and licenses of the company, its personnel, contractors, vendors and suppliers are current and valid.
Reviews proposals and bids for service and equipment procurement to ensure that safety measures and precautions, guards and other protective devices are integrated therein
Prepares purchase requisitions for personal protective equipment for all personnel including contractors and visitors in the workplace in accordance with international standards.
Ensures all company-owned vehicles and heavy equipment are certified and in optimal condition at all times.
Ensures that drivers of company-owned vehicles and operators of heavy equipment are qualified and sufficiently trained to drive the vehicle or operate the equipment.
Serves as a First Aider. Plans and directs emergency and preparedness
Monitors the condition of safety and fire equipment to ensure effectiveness at all times
Supervises rescue and firefighting operations in the event of accidents and fires.
- Prepares the monthly OHSC reports. Maintains and safe keeps safety records and incident reports, safe work permits and incident investigation reports.
- Prepares and submits Safety Performance Reports for management information and decision making.
- Plans and conducts safety orientation and training programs for all departments.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the training programs to ensure that safety trainings conducted by service providers are sufficient and effective.
- Oversees the work of subordinates in their daily activities to ensure effective execution of functions.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinates. Recommends appropriate personnel action.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, SECURITY AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Complies with occupational safety, health, environmental, security and housekeeping rules and regulations to maintain optimal working conditions in the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
License required. Accreditation by the DOLE as Safety Officer;
- At least 3 years of experience in a power plant or heavy industry as safety engineer.;
- Knowledge of procedures and application of safety and health standards.;
- Knowledge of safety, health and fire codes.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Safety and Security
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Therma Visayas Inc, Brgy Bato, Toledo Cebu
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.