Cost Engineer (Project-based) | Toledo, Cebu
- Cebu City, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Performs assignments that require professional judgment and knowledge of construction cost. He/She must be proficient in estimating cost values of material, equipment, manpower, and other industrial plant-related resources. Cost engineer should also be capable of analyzing requirements, review technical specifications, must have good understanding site-related operational challenges to come up with sound budget. Part of the responsibility is to be monitor project spending, analyze and reforecast, and report status of project financials.
- Support Site Project Manager in providing construction cost oversight services(estimates, budgets) during the execution of the project/s.
- Develop and implement site cost performance monitoring and measurement tools.
- Develop and implement site cost control procedures (instructions guidelines) for progress payments, cash flow, claims, liquidated damages/penalties, liabilities, changes, et al per the EPC Contract and company requirements.
- Implement risk assessment and management procedures.
- Monitor project performance and progress of the works by doing detailed review of the cost in conjunction of the schedules, specifically the construction and installation activities of the EPC Contractor.
- Regularly assess cost performance of the EPC Contractor to highlight potential problem areas before they become critical to the project.
- Regular review and reporting of project cost to the management.
- Regular review of project and EPC contractor risk register and risk management program with periodic updates to ensure that identification and mitigation strategies are current. Conduct regular reviews of the risk register and management plan.
- Review of engineering, equipment procurement, production, inspection and testing, delivery, field construction, commissioning and other site activities.
- Maintains a brief synopsis of the critical cost items of the project.
- Prepare and maintain cost management reports including status of cost variations, risk register, payment milestones, et al.
- Ability to develops and understand project WBS.
- Professional: at least 5 years solid experience in power facility construction projects, and/or operating industrial facilities in a cost planning capacity. Proficiency in MS Excel and other accounting tools is required.;
- Able to use technical documents (drawings and specifications) for cost and budget development;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, business or related field related experience.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Therma Visayas Inc, Brgy Bato, Toledo Cebu
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.