- Davao City, PhilippinesBinugao, Toril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippines
- Full time
The position is responsible for the overall management of plant maintenance activities, including the preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance of all plant equipment and facilities in accordance with maintenance strategies adopted by the Company to ensure efficient, reliable and safe operation of all power plant equipment and auxiliaries.
- Develops and implements approved plans and asset maintenance strategies, tactics, policies, and philosophies in accordance with Company objectives.
- Formulates and recommends maintenance policies and procedures aligned with maintenance best practices.
- Formulates predictive maintenance plan based on equipment data (for single point equipment and equipment without back-up), including historical trend, failure-mode analysis, testing of equipment, vibration analysis.
- Reviews and improves maintenance practices and procedures and implements up-to-date maintenance management processes to deliver improvements in maintenance effectiveness.
- Prepares and recommends total maintenance program (electrical, mechanical, instrumentation) for generating units, equipment, support facilities and utilities to achieve desired level of efficiency, availability, reliability, and safety of all the generating units. Implements approved program.
- Identifies, schedules, plans and directs general overhauling and major repairs of mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation equipment of the facilities.
- Directs the implementation planned and/or forced outages to conduct prevent and corrective maintenance activities.
- Monitors preventive and corrective maintenance programs and processes to ensure that machine malfunctions are reduced or avoided, cost of repairs are minimized and facilities and equipment are restored to an acceptable operating condition after breakdown.
- Implements reliability-centered (condition-based) maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize utilization of resources.
- Ensures that all preventive maintenance work orders are all done and accomplished as scheduled.
- Oversees implementation of design revisions to the plant systems or other improvement projects in coordination with Operations and 3rd party contractors.
- Formulates and implements policies on energy conservation, cost control, material supplies and equipment utilization.
- Organizes tool box meeting of all teams regularly and during the implementation of plant unit outages.
- Coordinates with other teams for the evaluation of unit outages to prevent future occurrence of the same.
- Regularly reviews existing spare parts and consumable against the min-max level to ensure availability. Recommends new spare parts that may be used.
- Recommends procurement of spare parts, consumables, job orders for the overhauling and periodic maintenance of all generating units, auxiliaries and transmission lines.
- Ensures operational safety of equipment and auxiliaries under the maintenance department.
- Implements and ensures strict compliance to safety, security, health and environmental policies.
- Approves work/job orders and work schedules under the maintenance department.
- Prepares annual budget of the maintenance department and monitors monthly expenditure.
- Formulates and develops plans and programs to enhance knowledge and skills of team members.
- Reviews, recommends and/or approves hiring/staffing of personnel and extension appointments.
- Reviews and evaluates work performance of direct reports.
- Recommends trainings / seminars to all maintenance personnel to enhance their knowledge in maintaining plant equipment and facilities.
- Conducts regular town hall meetings with team members to cascade updates - team building.
- At least 5 years in mechanical maintenance in a power plant or heavy industry
- 3 years leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.