The Civil Design Engineer is responsible for performing varieties of technical design expertise in the provision of the civil design requirements for the different phases of Solar Power Projects (desktop investigations, screening and pre-development).
Key to his/her role will include:
- Performing a variety of field and office works which may include field investigation, liaison assistance, design of structures, drafting, preparation of presentation materials, report writing, etc.
- Ensures that the design information that he/she will produce is of the right quality and in line with the project timelines and budgets.
- Work closely with the Project Development for Solar Power Projects (PD-Solar) team, Commercial & Financial (C&F) Team, Business Development and Land Acquisition (BD&LAC) team, and Stakeholder Relations and Compliance (SCR) Team
- Conduct the civil engineering design proper of structures throughout the different phases of Solar Power project development.
- To perform civil engineering design to the Solar Power Projects where she/he is assigned with his/her supervisors’ minimal supervision and guidance: A. Road network, other transportation system, and appurtenances B. Drainages C. Superstructures D. PV Table Lay-out E. Land Development and Grading F. Other Miscellaneous Structures
- Work closely with third-party consultants in the provision of civil engineering designs of a SPP during the conduct of pre-development and development stage
- Communicates with the draftsmen to deliberate the concepts and facilities that the Project Development Team for SPP is considering and to resolve design issues as they arise.
- To conduct site reconnaissance activities to ensure that all required data are procured within approved schedule, timeline, and safety protocols.
- Manage, document and follow procedures for engineering management, including quality control, documentation of decisions and administrative filing and document control.
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, Civil 3D , CSI SAP2000, CSI Etabs, CSI Safe, StaadPro, Staad Foundation, PVcase, Virtuosolar, and other civil engineering software for general design and solar power plant design application;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Leadership Experience: Preferably with related experience. With at least 3-year related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be a Licensed Civil Engineer
- Must be willing to travel to site locations