Safety Health Environment and Security (SHES) Specialist | Davao
- Davao City, PhilippinesDavao Light Corporate Office, C. Bangoy St., Davao City, Davao City, Davao Region, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao RegionPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
The main function of the role is to:
- Improve and sustain a pro-active safety culture.
- Provide support in the implementation of Corporate Safety Health Environment and Security (SHES) Management System requirements.
- Oversight in the implementation of a standardized SHES MS practices ensuring compliance to regulations and corporate requirements.
- Assist and coordinates focal points SHES Stakeholder Engagement activities.
- Communicates corporate SHES targets and programs.
- Cascades new or updated legal and compliance obligations for SHES.
- Provides support to the facilities in the implementation of SHES initiatives.
- Provides advise to BU and facility focal points in securing SHES-related permits
- Works with facility focal points in managing regulatory non-compliance cases.
- Performs SHES audits of the facility in their implementation of systems and standards.
- Provides oversight facility compliance to SHES legal and statutory requirements.
- Investigates SHES incidents based on severity level, based on the Incident Security Level (levels 3-5).
- Participates in the SHES Steering Committees
- Serves as critical member of the Corp Safety Committee in his regional base of operatations, i.e. Manila - NAC; Cebu - ACO, Davao - Ponciano.
- Supports as interim Safety Officer for Corporate offices.
- Supports as interim PCOs for Corporate offices.
- Reviews the register of SHES action items of facilities with reference to audits and technical surveys.
- Coordinates with AP SHES team in the delivery of services and running of initiatives.
- As as subject matter expert in the SHES areas of regulatory compliance.
- Maintains a good level of stakeholder engagement on SHES external parties and regulatory bodies
- Coordinates with BU and facility points in security SHES performance information in aid of corporate reporting, policy and governance planning.
- Protects information assets from auautorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference in accordance with ISMS policies.
- Maintatin availability, confidentiality and integrity of documents.
- Conforms the company's Quality, Environment, Ocuppational Health and Savey and Information Security Management Systems policies, standards, procedure and guidelines based on !SO 9001, 14001, 45001 and ISO 27000 standards.
- Graduate of Engineering or Science related course, preferably with license for board related courses
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in industrial OSH management in power generation, oil and gas, chemical or related hazardous industries
- With training on Basic Occupational Safety and Health Training; Pollution Control Officer Training (ISO 18001, 45001 and 14001 internal auditor training/certification)
- Knowledge in OSH system implementation, pollution mitigation, control and abatement processes; acquisition and requirements
- Expert in data analysis and trend interpretation and MS office (word, excel, powerpoint, project) + MS Visio
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.