Department of Finance
The Government Needs You: Department of Finance Is Hiring!
November 30, 2015
The Department of Finance (DOF) prides itself as the government's steward of sound fiscal policy. It formulates revenue policies that will ensure funding of critical government programs that promote welfare among the Filipino people and accelerate economic growth and stability. If you've ever been curious about how the government handles its finances and expenditures, this is the department to work for. The following positions are currently open for applications:
Intelligence Officer III (Salary: P 31,351)We are looking for an Intelligence Officer who can plan, direct, control, and coordinate the advertising and public relations activities of the different projects;
- Negotiate advertising contracts with officials of newspapers, radio and television stations, sports and cultural organizations and advertising agencies;
- Consult different stakeholder groups and understand their respective objectives, issues and concerns
- Develop a detailed communications strategy and time-bound communications action plan for NPMO aimed at winning the support (or reducing the possible resistance) of various stakeholder groups (operators, drivers, car users, etc.) for the proposed BRT systems and the new road-based public transport framework;
- Implement the SVPCF-financed (SVPCF=Special Vehicle Pollution Control Fund) Public Communications Project to promote environmentally sustainable public transport, including BRT systems;
- Prepare key messages on public transport for dissemination to the public generally or to specific target groups; find the best channels for dissemination of these messages; and
- Use various tools to measure the impact of different public communications approaches on the attitudes and views of the key stakeholder groups and adjust the communications strategy and action plan based on the measured results.
Administrative Officer II - Revenue Integrity Protection Service (Salary: P 18,549)Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in docketing and compiling different RIPS records of all sorts more particularly credible complaints received, case under investigation or filed with appropriate bodies and other important documents.
- Assist in monitoring and updating valuable information complaints (criminal or administrative in nature) including prosecution/court pleadings with schedules hearings and its respective decision.
- Assist in assuming responsibility for the custody, safekeeping of official records and documents assigned to the Division.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Economist II - Information and Liaison Office (Salary: P 24,887)Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists senior economists in the identification of problems areas in the financial and fiscal sectors;
- Assists senior economists in the formulation of policy recommendations based on the fiscal and financial plans and programs identified in the national development plan;
- Undertakes studies on legislative bills pertaining to the fiscal sector;
- Undertakes studies on proposed tariff adjustments and non-tariff measures;
- Reviews economic developments in priority financial and fiscal policy proposals/issues;
- Consolidates inputs necessary in the formulation of guidelines in determining the government domestic borrowing policies;
- Attends inter-agency activities designed to harmonize fiscal, financial and economic policies of different government agencies; and performs such other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
Tax Specialist II (Salary: P 24,887)Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes researches on national and local tax, tariff and customs laws;
- Examines under supervision and studies actual problems encountered in the application and enforement of tariff and customs laws and suggests solutions;
- Studies tax cases presented and makes recommendations for solutions thereof with the application of existing tax laws and regulations;
- Studies existing national and local tax, customs and tariff laws and drafts proposed legislations to correct defects;
- Makes comparative analysis of revenue collections to determine tax rates to be decreased or increased;
- Processes requests for tax exemption, tax credit/refund, cancellation of bonds, etc., including the evaluation and verification of supporting documents to determine their authenticity, regularity and sufficiency;
- Suggests or recommends measured to increase tax collections.
Chief Tax Specialist (Salary: P 49,750)Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts major studies and projects on public finance issues and develops and recommends appropriate policies on taxation, resource management and financial assistance;
- Reviews research studies, projects and draft positions of the Department on legislative and policy proposals;
- Attends meetings in connection with the studies conducted by the Division and DOF;
- Coordinates with concerned offices and agencies with respect to the study and preparation of DOF position on various proposals;
- Liaises with the Legislature on matters which concern the Department;
- Renders technical assistance tance to various parties concerning the Department
- Plans and formulates the work program of the Division, directs, supervises and coordinates the activities of the Division in the attainment of its goal and activities
- Must have Master's Degree
- Must have 4 years in position/s involving management and supervision
- Must have 24 hours training in management and supervision