6 Certifications You Need To Get to Upgrade Your IT Career
November 11, 2015
It was Leonardo da Vinci who said: “Learning never exhausts the mind,” this is because learning is one of the most powerful tools you’d need to accelerate your career. Now that we are living in a world where the Internet has become central to our lives, information technology jobs in the industry are endless. It is equally important to know which career path you’re taking to make the most of the trainings or certifications available. These investments require focus, time, and a significant amount of money, which you will benefit from in the long run. There are hundreds of certifications and trainings an IT professional can choose from. IT has a lot of branches and each branch has its own certification and level of expertise. That said, here are some important things to consider before choosing which certification or training to invest in:
- What is your chosen career path? Are you aiming for Web Development? System Engineer? Programmer?
- What are your career objectives?
- Is the certification relevant to your chosen career?
- Do you have time to finish the class?
- Do you have the funds to get certified?
- e-Learning – the ideal way to start your training experience in Sigma. A complete online course that will give you an overview on Six Sigma’s techniques, tools, metrics, process management and basic improvement methodologies. The online course comes with 16 hours of training videos, online exams, and downloadable PDF handouts. Upon completion, you will be awarded with a Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Certification. Investment cost: P8,000
- Classroom Training – the most practical and effective Lean Certification program. Training days are held on weekdays, from 8 AM to 5 PM at DLSU RCBC campus or at One Pacific Place. This is a level ahead from the e-Learning modules, you will learn from the experts on the DMAIC methodology and tools (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) to attain better and lower cost products and processes. This program will be highly beneficial if you’re aiming to be a Quality Leader, a Professional, or an Executive Business Owner.
- Apprenticeship Program – caters to working professionals who cannot attend classroom trainings due to working schedules, proximity and budget concerns. Similar to the e-Learning process, the apprenticeship program features e-Learning modules based from the classroom training sessions. After the completion of the program and passing examinations, the apprentices will be mentored by Filipino certified six sigma black belts to help you complete the last project requirement.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) courses
- Java courses
- Microsoft .NET courses
- Project management courses
- Systems Analysis courses
- Security courses
- Web development courses
- Mobile development courses
- Linux courses
- Database courses
- XML courses
5. WizardsgroupMicrosoft)"> Most Filipino IT graduates and professionals dream to be a part of Microsoft’s team. In fact, I have met a lot of Filipinos aspiring to have a career with one of the largest computer and technology industry in the world. As IT enthusiasts, being certified by Microsoft is a great achievement. Let me introduce the Wizardsgroup, Oracle and Microsoft’s gold certified partner for business intelligence and cloud deployment. You’ll be leveling up with IT professionals in 7 courses:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – IT infrastructure, database, developer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) – application lifecycle, web application, windows apps
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – windows, SQL servers
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – data, communications, cloud, business intelligence
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- IT Excellence (IT security and data center)
- Business Process Excellence (Project management, tools, risk management)
- Behavioral Excellence (People management)
- Standards and Compliance (Development management)
- Corporate Sustainability and Governance