By Kalibrr Content Hub on December 12, 2016
There's is but a small fraction of people who are in love with numbers. They breathe it, live it, put most of their attention into it. And for us, the rest of the fraction who do everything in our might to avoid it, we often get dazzled and amazed when one of our friends pops out their talent when they start computing (super fast) on how much each would pay for the bill.
But number gurus, being an accountant or finance analyst isn't the only job that's available for you. Explore these different jobs who require being an expert in numbers.
The P.J. Lhuillier Group of Companies is composed of various companies ranging from its flagship business of pawn brokering to local and international remittance, micro-insurance, rural banking, hotel and restaurant management, jewelry and sports accessory retail, information technology, real estate, professional management, and corporate social responsibility.
They are looking to hire for a Market Research Specialist. The position is primarily responsible for researching and gathering information to assist in developing marketing plans, policies, strategies, and programs. Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducts efficient, effective market research using a variety of techniques such as surveys and comparison to competitors' products/services
- Investigates, collates and analyzes market information to assist in the development of overall marketing/sales programs of the company
- Analyzes factors such as pricing, distribution, and product performance
- Researches, analyzes and monitors the financial, technological and demographic factors that may affect present and future needs for the company’s markets and product mix
- Determines marketing opportunities and demand
- Conducts research on changes in product lines and production emphasis and its impact on sales, expenses, profitability and manpower requirements
- Analyzes industrial trends and competitors by tracking new products and market development
- Graduate of BS Marketing, Economics, or any business-related course
- At least one (1) year work experience in a related field
- Background on market research, business trend analysis and forecasting is an advantage
- Can deal with various levels/types of people
- With good communication skills - verbal and written
- Knowledgeable with office productivity tools/software - word, excel, presentation etc.
- Can start ASAP
Penbrothers opened its doors in December of 2014 in Manila with the hopes of connecting the world to the Philippines, and the Philippines to the world.
Penbrothers was born from a need to meet a new demand and opportunity generated in the startup community, mainly, the co-working sector, with an innovative approach to remote working, offering manning and payroll solutions, beyond a shared working space.
They are looking to hire a Social Media Analyst who will be responsible for producing social media reports for clients, finding interesting insights in our data for promotional purposes and maintaining our database index of brand data.
- SMAs will be provided with raw data (CSV) exported from Social Status.
- The role involves taking this data and using our PowerPoint templates to create monthly, quarterly or campaign reports for our users.
- SMAs are responsible for finding insights from all the data and providing analysis/interpretation of the data in the PowerPoint reports.
- SMAs are also responsible for maintaining our industry index of brand data.
- This involves sorting the social profiles of brands into industry groups and sub-groups.
- Relevant university degree in Business, Marketing or Technology
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Marketing background through work experience or relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager and/or Facebook Ads Manager
- Knowledge of Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics and/or other built-in analytics used by social marketers
- Has experience with social media or digital media marketing.
- Understands how social media is used in a marketing context.
- Has interest and/or experience in analytics and data.
Expert Global Solutions, Inc. (EGS) is a world-class, comprehensive Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) entity in global management and outsourcing services. EGS has one of the most comprehensive, unique, and compelling BPO offerings in the marketplace. Our clients have the benefit of a fully scaled and global partner serving all aspects of the Customer Relationship Management and Accounts Receivable Management industry.
They are looking for a Data Scientist who will develop data-discovery tools and creative approaches to interpretation of data, to inform executive decision-making, to support internal operations, and to improve client performance and its customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze large data sets to understand customer behavior.
- Create patterns within big data and communicate insights and opportunities.
- Build models and algorithm using operations research skills.
- Measure and model the performances of call center sites and the clients along with the interactions between agents and customers
- Handles projects that require machine learning techniques such as random forest decision trees, topic modeling, similarity indexes, and deep data mining.
- Translate business objectives in actionable analyses to explain complex technical material to nontechnical or executive audiences.
- Responsible for merging external structured or semi-structured data to create a data lake that requires cleansing or processing the incomplete data and develop a scholarship over its limitations.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- A bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline such as statistics, operations research, mathematics, economics. Master’s degree or Ph.D. is a plus.
- 2+ years industry experience in data mining such as statistical software SAS (e.g., SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide), SQL, R, or SPSS.
- Experience building predictive models or algorithms, scoring accounts based on attributes, and implementing them in a production environment is preferred
- Experience with unstructured data, Hadoop, Pig and Hive is a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence and presentation tools such as Tableau, QlikView, or MS PowerBI a plus.
- Experience working with remote teams in the United States a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Excellent business judgment and communication skills required.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of database administration (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Amazon Web Services, MS Azure, etc.) preferred
Beyond the Box is an Apple Premium Reseller and Apple Authorized Service Provider. Yes, you may think of us as mere sellers of gadgets; but we’d like to think of ourselves as a company that helps people go beyond their boxes. After all, gadgets are merely tools that expand on what we can do. Gadgets will only go as far as human creativity will take us.
The products we distribute get the best visibility in the Philippine market, thanks to our monthly media launches and investments in in-house and outsourced PR agencies. In four years, we were able to spread out 13 Apple Premium Retail Stores across Metro Manila and that is Beyond the Box, the fastest growing Apple Premium Reseller in the Philippines.
We are hiring for a Civil Engineer who will:
- Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages
- Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
- Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
- Oversee, or participate in, surveying to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
- Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
- College graduate
- At least 1 yr experience as Civil Engineer or related
- Has an experience in safety, Autocad, 3D Design
Born out aspiration to spearhead the good food movement by educating the Filipino community in making informed food choices, Paleo Manila® — the Philippines' first Paleo meal plan door-to-door delivery service was launched in April 2014. Following the lines of the Paleo Diet philosophy, the Paleo lifestyle is an effort to go back to eating how we’re biologically designed to eat, allowing us to tap into our genetic potential and start living healthier immediately.
We're looking for a Finance and Accounting officer who will be responsible for day-to day financial and accounting activities of the operations including:
- Generating accurate financial transaction records for collections, invoices, payments, expenses, revenues, daily cash flow reports, etc. for future reference purposes and valuate financial documents for correctness and completeness.
- Analyzing financial information and creating proposed budget and processes to improve Company profitability and growth.
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements (e.g. Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow) and forecasts.
- Reviewing accounting and finance procedures and recommend improvements.
- Managing payroll system including salary deposits, tax calculation, payroll reconciliation, etc.
- Assisting staff on the accounting practices and proper financial record keeping.
- Preparing and sending of transaction documents (e.g. Official Receipts, Statement of Account, Sales Invoice) to customers and managing of accounts receivable.
- Processing of payments to suppliers and managing of accounts payable.
- Perform month-end closing activities such as revenue accounting, expense accounting, account reconciliation, etc.
- Carrying out of necessary daily and/or weekly banking activities (e.g. withdrawal, deposits, ordering of checkbook).
- Must possess a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Accountancy, Finance Management, or related field of study
- Being a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- Must have at least 1 year(s) of work experience in related field
- Preferably specializing in General/Cost Accounting or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge in food & beverage industry is an advantage
- Must have excellent attention to detail and good logic reasoning skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have strong strategic planning and implementation skills
- Strong knowledge in computer applications (e.g. Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel) is an advantage
- Must be willing to work in Mandaluyong City
- Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Those with relevant Kalibrr Assessment Test results will be preferred