By Poyen Ramos on October 10, 2016
It's a big sense of accomplishment when you finish college, but the real excitement (and often, hard part) happens when you start looking for a job. It’s getting more and more competitive to enter the workforce. We're here to help you out on that! We’ve ran through our Kalibrr job board and put together a list of jobs that Economics graduates would do well in.
Primer Group of Companies is the exclusive licensee, distributor and retailer of various international brand. Check out this AVP to know more about this awesome company.
They are looking for a Research Associate (RA) to join there team.
The Research Associate will deliver relevant reports or studies needed by different brands or industries, develops data gathering procedures, and analyses data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate research projects that are valuable to the company.
- Collaborate with other researchers on an ongoing basis:
A. Business Development
B. Customer Relations Manager
- Build knowledge infrastructure such as source of data, and suggestions in improving dataset quality, data gathering, and studies being conducted.
- Provide research results to the involved party only.
- Deliver reports requested or initiated in an orderly and timely manner.
- Cite datasets, collaborating researchers, data producers, and other sources.
- Do other duties assigned by their head
- A graduate of any course related in doing market research i. e. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, etc.
- Computer Literate and knowledgeable in using Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledgeable in any of the statistical programs such as STATA, R-STAT and E-views.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Math skills
- Attention to details
- Critical thinking
- Willing to do field work
- Can work overtime and with minimum supervision.
The Department of Finance (DOF) is the government's steward of sound fiscal policy. It formulates revenue policies that will ensure funding of critical government programs that promote welfare among our people and accelerate economic growth and stability.
If you'd like to be part of DOF's efforts, they're currently looking for an Economist for the Information and Liaison Office with a salary grade of SG15
The role for the Economist position will:
- Assists senior economists in the identification of problems areas in the financial and fiscal sectors;
- Assists senior economists in the formulation of policy recommendations based on the fiscal and financial plans and programs identified in the national development plan;
- Undertakes studies on legislative bills pertaining to the fiscal sector;
- Undertakes studies on proposed tariff adjustments and non-tariff measures;
- Reviews economic developments in priority financial and fiscal policy proposals/issues;
- Consolidates inputs necessary in the formulation of guidelines in determining the government domestic borrowing policies;
- Attends inter-agency activities designed to harmonize fiscal, financial and economic policies of different government agencies; and performs such other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree relevant to the job
- Must have 1 year of relevant experience
- Must have 4 hours relevant training
AF Payments Inc. is the product of a partnership between two of the country’s biggest conglomerates, the Ayala Group and First Pacific Group. Both conglomerates created a consortium known as the AF Consortium to participate in the bid for the Automated Fare Collection System (AFCS) project released by the Public-Private Partnership Center (PPP) of the Republic of the Philippines to be overseen by the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC).
The AF Consortium brings together companies that have strong track records and experience in operating banking and payments, utilities, retail, telecommunications, and toll road businesses, focused on developing commuting efficiency and improving customer experience.
As a Corporate Planner / Finance Analyst, the roles and responsibilities include:
- Consolidate, reconcile, validate and obtain clarification of business information from multiple sources to develop financial tools.
- Building and retooling Financial Models to support decision-making for the Company business units.
- Leads Financial Forecast and Annual / Semi-Annual Budgeting.
- Periodic monitoring and reporting of Company budget savings or overspending.
- Tracking month-end estimates and comparison with a forecast, budget, optimization.
- Responsible for delivering various Management, Shareholder, Board reports on an ad-hoc or periodic basis
- Assist accounting team with month-end closing activities
Specific Skills required:
- Accounting and Taxation
- Quantitative Modeling
- Advance Excel
- Data Mining
- Technical Writing
- Financial Business Model
- Financial Reporting Tool
- Insource / Outsource Analysis
- AIS Implementation and Customization
- Cash Forecasting Tool
- Inventory Monitoring Tool
- Budget Tool
- Strong financial analytical and planning skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Research oriented;
- Strong professional ethics and disposition;
- Team player.
The British Chamber of Commerce Philippines (BCCP) is an independent, non-profit membership organization whose primary objective is to support the development of its members’ business and social interests in the British and Philippine communities, helping them achieve their objectives.
The Research and Project Officer is a new position to assist in the support and management of the BCCP/UKTI Overseas Business Network Initiative (OBNI) project. The OBNi aims to support British small and medium size enterprises seeking to do business in high-growth, hard-to-access markets across the world.
The successful applicant will be a key figure in ensuring that support for the Project is developed from the initial stage through to successful implementation and delivery. The job holder will work closely with the Project Manager at BCCP, the UK Trade and Investment team at the British Embassy when appropriate, British and Philippine companies, BCCP members, and external organizations. They will also be required to work collaboratively with other colleagues within the BCCP as and when required.
- Handle Business Support Service (BSS) Projects for UK companies with the supervision of the Project manager.
- Assist the OBNi team in conducting secondary research on sectors, gathering information online or via phone calls and arranging direct meetings with relevant parties.
- Assist the OBNi team in populating, organizing and maintaining an up-to-date electronic reference library in advance of enquiries, to include updates on the Philippine regulatory/law environment for businesses, and any other ad-hoc research as required.
- Assist the OBNi team in developing and executing marketing strategies/campaigns to promote the British Business Centre using multiple platforms.
- Provide the Project Manager with administrative support on conducting events relating to Trade Missions, to include logistics preparation for trade events or arranging meetings with local government/companies for business networking purposes.
- Assist the OBNi team in carrying out regular communication with local businesses in key sectors and build a network of contacts with UK and Philippine companies and organizations.
- Input the UK companies’ data to the Service Deliveries template/ sheet on a monthly basis
- Act as the main contact point for enquiries and manage the input of clients into the BCCP’s knowledge database.
- Manage the diary of bookings for the BCCP Business Centre.
- Upload content for external communications, such as Open to Export and the OBNI section of the BCCP website.
- Represent and attend events on behalf of BCCP at external and internal events, as and when appropriate or delegated by the Project Manager or Board.
We are looking for a candidate with background on any of the following fields: communication, business, marketing, economics and research. Candidates with 4 – 6 year professional experience who have been exposed to international non-profit works and to a cross-cultural environment are preferred.
The applicant should be a self-starter, versatile and can multi-task to deliver quality and timely results. In addition, the successful candidate should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in both Filipino and English.
- Research and analytical skills.
- With background on communications and digital marketing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proactive with the ability to use initiative.
- Knowledge and experience of using Social Media.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, with the ability to use databases. Use of Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is a plus.
- Attention to detail with data entry.
- Ability to learn new skills and absorb information quickly.