There aren’t many things in life more nerve-wracking than going to a job interview. Imagine walking into a room as the interviewer scans through (and perhaps judging) your work experience and achievements. You, looking all sharp and fabulous like you were about to walk up the stage, trying to look calm and confident despite being a nervous wreck.
Interviews aren’t always easy. No matter how prepared you are for it, there will be some cases when you’re just, well, not.
Reddit started a discussion on what not to do during an interview, and the comments were, in some way, crazily hilarious yet insightful. Take it from these hiring managers who have seen all the crazy things candidates do or ask during an interview. So, to help you with acing your next job interview, here are 9 things you should NEVER do when you’re up for one.
1. Don’t try to be the boss too soon.
2. Don’t be too honest.
3. Don’t be desperate.
4. Don’t be too casual or comfortable.
5. Don’t ask the unnecessary questions.
6. Don’t babysit during an interview.
7. Don’t be the baby, either.
8. Don’t be rude, obviously.
9. Don’t make it all about yourself.