By Kalibrr Content Hub on June 6, 2016
There's a saying that the success of a company comes from great leadership. True enough, a positive work environment always starts from the top down. When a manager sets a good example, it trickles down to the employees and if all goes well, they do good on the job. That said, who wouldn't want to work in a company driven by outstanding leadership?
In today's jobs digest, we went through the Kalibrr job board and put together a list of companies with under amazing managers, CEOs, and leaders. If you're searching for great mentorship for your career, then read on.
Jacqueline van den Ende – Philippine General Manager | Lamudi
Van den Ende moved to the Philippines back in 2013. She was an investment professional in a private equity firm based in Rotterdam, Netherlands, where she is originally from. Despite her background, her real passion was in helping build companies from the ground. When she was a 24 year-old student, she already had her first company—a non-profit, student-run consultancy firm. Now at 31, she's heading one of the Philippines' leading online real estate marketplaces.
Lamudi is one of the most promising and exciting of the Rocket Internet startups, with the aspiration to be the fastest growing online real estate marketplace in Southeast Asia. It is the ideal online platform to connect sellers, buyers and tenants to easily buy, rent and sell homes, land and commercial properties. Lamudi is driven by individual passion and excellence, united by the ambition to be the leading global real estate platform.
Joining Lamudi in the Philippines now is a great opportunity: we are a well-financed company with tremendous growth potential and plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact.
They are currently looking for a Mid-Senior Level Trainer who can:
- Create and craft Trainings modules
- Deliver training sessions
- Discover and develop strategy to address the training needs of our team members
- Track the Professional Development of our Team members
- Organize, Schedule training sessions
- Test and evaluate the professional capabilities of our team members
- Must be a college graduate with preferred courses in Educational Psychology, Business Management or Business Administration [Marketing & Advertising Management];
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Has Autonomy
- Eagerness to learn
- Deep business understanding
- Public speaking skills
- Innovative Thinking
- Critical thinking
Elizabeth Lee – President and CEO | E-Motors
Beth Lee is one of the most recognizable faces in the automotive industry. She was the Chief Operating Officer of Universal Motors Corporation’s (UMC-NISSAN) for 12 years, and the youngest and first female president of the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI) for 7 years. Today, she's the CEO of E-Motors, a social enterprise that aims to create a positive impact in society through transportation solutions.
"In order to be successful, you have to pursue what matters to you. Do things that will help impact other people’s lives because that will give you fulfillment." From selling million peso cars to less expensive, environment-friendly electric tricycles, Lee is changing lives while saving our planet.
E-Motors is a 100% Filipino-owned social enterprise whose aim is to impact three fronts: Local Job Creation; Poverty Alleviation through livelihood; Climate Change Mitigation through the use of our zero-emission, zero-carbon, zero-noise, ZÜM electric vehicles.
E-motors is currently looking for an Automotive Electrical/Mechanical Engineer who can:
- Do the reportorial requirements;
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability;
- Develop a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Work with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- College graduate with at least 3 years of experience (with or without a certificate)
- Comes from either an automotive, aeronautics, fork lift, or motorcycle industry for repair and development
- Ability to use knowledge for parts development and improvement
- Capable of developing and improving on electrical sub-assemblies
- Has motorcycle and 4-wheel car license
- Should be flexible and has a good personality
Dustin Cheng – CEO | ZAP
Dustin Cheng graduated from Ateneo de Manila with a degree in management. Ever since he was young, he was always interested in building things, and tech was his playing field. At a very young age, he managed to build three startup companies from the ground up, one of those is ZAP, the Philippines' first mobile number based rewards program. "I believe that anything that is worth doing can be improved by technology."
ZAP is a marketing platform that connects retail businesses to consumers through web and mobile technology. It is a rewards program that gives customers 5% to 20% cash back every time they spend in any partner merchant. Customers can then use the cash back to pay for their future purchases.
Currently, ZAP is looking to add an Administrative Assistant for their young, strong team of 25 who can:
- Write business letters, reports or office memos using word processing programs
- Answer telephone enquiries from customers and assist other staff in the organization with their enquiries
- File papers and documents
- Undertake other duties such as collection, banking, credit control or payroll functions
- College graduate
- Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
David Margendorff – Co-Founder and Chairman | Pawnhero Philippines
David takes his passion with business and entrepreneurship to a whole different level because at the young age of 16, he already started his first e-commerce business. David has lived and worked in 7 countries over the past 6 years, but eventually chose to settle in the Philippines because he sees how much impact he can create through PawnHero.
PawnHero is the 1st online pawnshop in Southeast Asia which aims to solve the problem of expensive credit and interest rates. They provide an easy, fair and convenient way of overcoming short-term cash needs. This is a completely new way of doing business in the industry, truly revolutionary, created by genuine visionaries.
They are currently looking for talented Customer Service Representatives to join their growing team and work on very exciting ventures backed by Fintech.
As the Customer Service Representative, you will be tasked to assist our customers in solving their pressing queries. This involves in-bound and out-bound calls, responding to email and text messages in a timely manner. You must be experienced in using customer service tools, must be a very proficient communicator, and must be an efficient and logical problem solver.
- Knowledge and proficiency in customer service tools (ideally Zendesk and ZopIm)
- Excellent English and Filipino communication skills – written and verbal
- Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient probing skills in understanding the customer’s problems
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Fast learner
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and productivity goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, always provides information in an efficient and accurate manner
- Application of good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stress effectively
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Delivers accurate description of product and/or service to customers and take them through the sales process
- Follow up on initial contacts
- Maintains a high level of service with customers and meets performance targets
- Research required information using available resources
- Complete records of telephonic interactions, orders and accounts
- Contribution to the team's general knowledge of best practices for customer service and customer relations
- Make recommendations according to customer’s needs of the product or service
- Openness to working with a team for a common goal and learning new things.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to customer experience
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
Pawnhero also has other job openings you might be interested in.