We’ve finally come to that time and age where we’ve gracefully detached ourselves from the bed of roses and metamorphosed into a beautiful, independent social butterfly. A time where we feel like we’re probably capable enough to conquer the world (or maybe just the kitchen stove), and not call mom to do it for us, because, well, we’re all grown up now.
Hate to break it to you, but being an adult is a lot more complicated than what you thought it’d be. While eating ice cream for breakfast, or staying out late partying all night is now possible, the responsibilities presented to us are just as crazy. It’s bittersweet—the sweet part is we get to live freely under our own terms because we’re finally earning our own money. The bitter part? We’re finally earning our own money, which really translates to paying bills, rent, food, transportation, and of course, the occasional Friday night beers.
Adulthood is a struggle. Take it from these people who failed miserably at being one. But hey, at least they tried.
1. When you have too many important numbers saved on your phone:
2. When you just can’t set your priorities right:
3. When you budget your expenses fittingly, but failed to follow through:
4. When Skyflakes is your go-to ‘meal’ when you’re out of food ’cause you’re too lazy to do the groceries:
5. When your parents always save the day:
6. When you realize you’re still a kid inside:
7. When you try your hand at this elusive cooking thing:
8. So you give up and did this instead:
9. When something goes wrong and you have no one to blame but yourself:
10. When you can’t be trusted with anything alive:
I mean anything:
11. When you just had it with adulting for a day:
12. When you realize you don’t know anything about growing up: