IT/Software Jobs in Taguig: QBE, Skillshot Labs, and more!
November 9, 2015
In this week's Kalibrr Jobs Digest, we've got IT/Software jobs for you in Taguig!As the PHP developer, you will be utilizing open source software specifically a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP). You should also have experience in utilizing frameworks such as the Yii and CodeIgniter framework for PHP and the extJS and jQuery frameworks for front-end development. In addition, you should be familiar with common file versioning software such as Git and SVN. You must be diligent in analyzing the requirements given by the project manager for application development and recommend and code the features. You must adequately scope the tasks and estimate time to accomplish them. You will be part of a team and you are expected to cooperate and communicate fully with them to accomplish the team goals. We are looking for a PHP Developer who can:
QBE — Oracle Database AdministratorQBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business. In the Philippines, The QBE Group Shared Services Centre (GSSC) was established in 2013 with the aim to become a strategic hub for QBE’s global business and processes. We currently have over 2,000 employees supporting operations in three sites: in Net Cube and W 5th buildings in Bonifacio Global City in Manila; and in Skyrise Alpha, located in Cebu. We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator who can:
- Act on request for new access and changes to existing access
- Provide service to the wider Finance staff through addressing any query relevant to usage of Oracle Chart, Accounts, Cost Centre and System Access
- Ensure Oracle Chart of Accounts are up-to-date
- Fulfill accurate and complete Oracle Chart of Accounts
- Address requests in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate with QBE IT Security Team in managing and maintaining Oracle User Access
- Candidates must be possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/IT, Finance/Banking/Accountancy
- Extensive experience as Financial Systems Administration in relation to maintenance of Chart Accounts and Structures
- Preferably in the Finance industry and in the Management of User Access and Security
- Applicants must be willing to work in Bonifacio Global City Taguig
Skillshot Labs — Developer - Mobile GamesSkillshot Labs (formerly transcosmos Philippines, inc.) is a maker and publisher of entertainment apps that focuses on mobile app development for the iOS and Android lines of smart phones and tablets. Skillshot Labs has some unique, compelling, and addictive social entertainment apps in the pipeline. We plan to redefine the world of mobile games by introducing our own spice of playfulness and curiosity into our apps, games, and solutions. We are looking for a Mobile Games Developer who can create and integrate various assets such as code, graphics, sounds, and special effects to create awesome games. The candidate must be have the following qualifications: Required Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related field.
- Ability to quickly understand, debug and modify existing codes.
- Computer science fundamentals like OOP, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent understanding of C/C++, C# or similar languages
- Common development practices such as version control and agile development.
Allied Telesis Labs, Inc. — UI/UX DeveloperAllied Telesis Labs (Philippines), Inc. is a software research and development company specializing in network management application development and quality assurance testing. Established in 2001, Allied Telesis Labs is part of the Allied Telesis Group of companies, headquartered in Japan, which provide network solutions to Enterprise and Service Provider companies across the globe.
We are looking for a UI/UX Developer with the following credentials:
- At least 3-4 years work experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and mastery of great user-centered design
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional communication skills
- Strong proficiency with HTML5/CSS design and development
- Basic proficiency with development tools such as git, package managers, etc.
PawnHero Philippines — PHP DeveloperPawnHero is the first online pawnshop service in Southeast Asia. This is a completely new way of doing business in the industry, truly disruptive, created by genuine visionaries. But as the idea matures, like any idea, innovation doesn’t stop, it moves down the chain into execution, operations and delivery. How do we do it better, faster, deliver better service for customers, and accept more items at the highest valuation and lowest interest rate? This is where we play, and where we must win. We have to innovate every day in providing the best service for our customer. This is a once in a generation opportunity to be part of something that will change an industry that has been around for more than 3000 years. We at PawnHero are seizing this opportunity with both hands.
- Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain web site applications
- Conform to defined software design methodologies for the development and implementation of Internet-based applications to support all aspects of website functionalities
- Participate in change analysis and code reviews
- Produce code based on low level design documentation and existing coding standards and recommended practices
- Apply rigorous testing methodologies and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, algorithms, data transformation, forms, reports and interfaces
- Timely communication of issues and status information to Team Lead concerning system development activities
- Generate application test data as necessary and validate any data conversion requirements for final implementation and production rollout
- Participate in project status review meetings with Team Lead
- Work closely with the project manager and senior staff to ensure stated business objectives are met
- Deliver on the activities required to produce code modules and unit tested code
Sprout — Software EngineerSprout is a software company aimed to create paradigm-changing solutions for the Philippines— an emerging market with a robust economy and a great need for localized software. Our goal is to help small and medium-sized businesses grow through our suite of backend solutions that address payroll, HR and recruitment difficulties. Our team is all about individuals who genuinely want to make things better, and actually have the courage to do something about it. We believe that local talent, united by a common passion, are not just able to build world-class products, but are also able to ignite change that will revolutionize a whole economy. We are looking for a Software Engineer who can:
- Participate in a self-organizing team of top notch programmers
- Participate in Agile software development cycles
- Own the creation and implementation of desired application framework and architecture for software projects
- Effectively manage project and client expectations in terms of development schedule
- Remain current on software development trends and apply this knowledge to proofs of concept (POC’s)
- Design, develop, and modify modules based on user stories
- Work closely with Business Owner to continually refine understanding of functional and system requirements
- Participate in unit testing and UAT, prioritizing bug fixes in accordance with project milestones
- Participate in Sprint planning, DSM, post-mortem