By Sheena Siao on February 2, 2015
Professing love gets a little bit harder every year. Thanks to the Jason Magbanuas of the world, women’s expectations keep getting higher. Suddenly, everything needs to be swoon-level, tear-in-your-eye video-worthy. But does all these stuff of dreams translate to reality? Can the grand romantic gesture survive under the fluorescent haze of an office?
Here are possible reasons that might just take the giddiness out of Valentine’s Day – including you!
1. Uso pa ba ang harana a.k.a. Surprise Serenades in the Office
Please take note:
Serenading when you’re young
When you’re slightly older (and in the 80s)
When you’re older and in the year 2015
2. Your officemate's flash mob proposal
3. Date picks you up at reception in PJs
Go for honesty?
4. Mixing your thoughts for tonight on an important conference call
5. BF tags you for your V-Day Gift on a public post
Maybe call in sick tomorrow.
6. Practicing your flirting in the pantry
Let go of the smoothie.
7. Busting the moves in front of your boss
8. Projecting your V-Day email on the screen
Ever hear of split screen?
9. Eating the secretary's Valentine's chocolates
It's not all about you.
10. Trying to make everyone feel good on V-day
Sometimes you just have to let the day pass.
Oh romance. So wonderful, yet so awkward. Have a good Valentine's, whatever the outcome!